The theme for ANROWS’s 2nd National Research Conference on Violence against Women and their Children was Acting on Evidence.
The Conference program reflected the six national outcomes of The National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children 2010 – 2022. Each session featured researchers and policy or practice partners discussing new evidence in these areas and its application. Acting on Evidence presented the transfer of knowledge to practice in ensuring:
- Communities are safe and free of violence
- Relationships are respectful
- Indigenous communities are strengthened
- Services meet the needs of women and their children experiencing violence
- Justice responses are effective
- Perpetrators stop their violence and are held to account for their actions
The conference was an opportunity for delegates to share their knowledge and advice on policy development and improved service responses.
Set over 3 days at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in Sydney, the Conference was a chance to learn, connect, and reflect as we meet the challenge of responding to violence against women and their children.