Australia’s National Research Organisation for Women’s Safety (ANROWS) ABN 61 162 349 171 recognises that your privacy is very important.
The Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) defines personal information as:
…information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988, the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) and the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017.
- No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activity except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider’s logs.
- We will only record your e-mail address if you contact us or apply to receive grants funding or to be considered as a peer assessor. In these circumstances, your information will only be used for the purpose for which you provide it, and will not be added to a mailing list unless you request that this be done.
- We will not use your email address for any other purpose, and will not disclose it without your consent.
(1) Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
(2) We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
(3) We will retain personal information only for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
(4) We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
(5) Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
(6) We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
(7) We will make readily available to stakeholders information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our activities in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.